Thursday 2 August 2018

How (Words) To Praise God Effectively In Prayers, Quotes & Verses

I love to pray to the Lord and most often I am offering prayers for assistance in something – health, provision, or even as an intercessory prayer for another one’s needs. Do you find that to be true with yourself? I know that our Heavenly Father loves to hear from us, but not only in the times of trial or testing; He loves to hear our praise and thanksgiving as well.

Some Of The Basic step you can follow for the best and effective prayers:
1. Start naming qualities or attributes for God, eg.:
"You are mighty!", "You are Omnipotent, my Father, my Lord!", "You are all and in all."

2. Thank Him:
"I thank you for all things (huge and tiny) in my life; You have provided all things for my good.", try saying some praises audibly.

    "I thank and glorify You, Oh Father, God, for the gift and beauty of Creation and for creating and conforming my life to your will".

3. Think of Jesus' life:
"I exalt You for taking the form of a man to die on the cross in atonement for my sins and for rising again that I might share in Your life".

4. Let awareness soak in and enable you:
"I praise You for day to day life, and realizing that You gave Yourself brings gratitude for Your love that permeates my life." Try saying:

"I will not be afraid to admit my limited understandings of facts and truth". Consider:

"I praise you that my learning (and research) is an individual journey that I do not undertake all on my own in the Bible, but with fellow believers and the Holy Spirit to give greater order to my thoughts".


Here are some prayers that I have collected, most of them right from God’s own word.
1. Father, you are the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God. You are my Creator and my Counselor, guiding me daily to make wise decisions. You are my Comforter in sorrow, pain, or distress. I praise you for drawing near to me when I draw near to you. You are El Roi, the God who sees me, and you are Eternal, Lord. You are my heavenly Father, and the father of the fatherless. How great are you and your faithfulness, God, day in and day out.

You are holy, yet you made a way for me to approach you. I praise you for being my Helper, and for your Holy Spirit's conviction, correction, and protection in my life. You are invisible, but I see you with eyes of faith. You are Jehovah God, and Jehovah Jireh, the One who provides for all my needs. I praise you as my Jehovah Rapha, my God who heals, and for being Jehovah Rah, My faithful Shepherd. You are not just King, but you are King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. And yes, you are Jesus, the name above all names.

With my whole heart I praise you, God. You are Messiah, the soon and coming King. You are omniscient; you know all things. You are omnipresent; everywhere at all times. You are my Peace, my Protector, and the High Priest who became my Redeemer and Sacrifice forever. You died to set me free; you rose again and gave me victory over death. No longer am I enslaved in sin; you are my Salvation, my Rescuer and my Refuge. You give me hope within.

I praise you because you are trustworthy and true. You are my Teacher, and your understanding and wisdom is beyond finite minds; you promise wisdom to me when I ask. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Lord, I love that you delight in me and that you rejoice over me with singing. You know the number of hairs on my head, and you are always thinking of me.

You are preparing a place for me so that one day I will live with you forever. Maybe then—and only then—will I be able to praise you adequately in a way not possible here on earth—the way you truly deserve.

All my love, all my praise to you. Lord, oh, Lord. How excellent is your name in which I pray! Amen


2. Nothing is too hard for you. O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you! You show unfailing love to thousands, but you also bring the consequences of one generation’s sin upon the next. You are the great and powerful God, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. You have all wisdom and do great and mighty miracles. You see the conduct of all people, and you give them what they deserve. You performed miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt—things still remembered to this day! And you have continued to do great miracles in Israel and all around the world. You have made your name famous to this day. —Jeremiah 32:17-20

3. To God the Creator O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! (Psalm 8)


4. To God who Deserves all Glory and Praise. O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.  For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker. (Psalms 95:1-6)

Artikel Terkait